01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Devon The Devious' Dirty Dealings

For a moment, it appeared as though time itself was standing still. And then, another moment later, I realised... time was standing still! Or at least, it was moving much more slowly than it usually did, which reminded me of the time I failed, for the 7th time that week, to perfect 'Super Efficient Worker' and ended up making a botched brew which meant for the next three days I did everything at only 23% of my normal speed. Taking a poo was absolute agony, as was sneezing. Anyway, I digress.
"Time is moving really slowly!" I remarked to Melvin's head, for it appeared that although the rest of the universe had slowed right down, us as the casters of the spell we seemed to be in some sort of suspended state and moving at a more regular pace.
"Yes, we're in the final moment of The Spell That Makes The Thing Which I Now Say." Melvin replied. "Once we perform the final phrase of the incantation, whatever we say will appear before us."
"Oh! So, what do we do to complete the final phase?" I asked, barely able to contain my excitement.
"Well," Melvin said, "we have to wave our hands in the shape of a butterfly, and at the same time as doing that, shout out whatever it is we want made. The Spell will then create anything except love (it once watched Aladdin and ever since it has refused to create love, possibly inspired by Robin Williams... weird, I know) and then we will return straight away to regular time."
"So, can we say 'All the ingredients I need!' then?"
"No, it doesn't read minds, so you'll have to be more specific than that." Melvin paused for a second. "Maybe we will have to do this a few times. Anyway, what's the first ingredient you need?"
I pulled the list from my pocket. "Well, I have the first two... so, it's 'Ear of Ed'."
Melvin raised an eyebrow, but said nothing. "Ok, then that's what we'll call out. Ready?"
"Ready!"
Together we waved our arms in the required butterfly shape, and in remarkable unison, cried out together;
"Ear of Ed!"

BING! (again)

Time returned to its more regular rate.
And before us was... well, not entirely what we had expected. A large pile of what appeared to be blonde human hair was writhing on the ground.
"What is the meaning of this?" Melvin boomed in his most magical of voices. From within the pile a nervous voice called back.
"Um... Well, you see... I tried to get into your magic."
"You did what?!?" I cried in my most Miles Davis of voices.
"I grabbed onto your hand just as you finished the incantation, you see. I am now realising that was a bad idea."
"Who... what.... come out from there!" Melvin ordered. The pile stood up, and the hair fell down around something resembling the silhouette of a young woman.
"I... can't. The hair is, well... mine."
"Who are you?" I quavered.
"Um... I'm your warrior girl." The silhouette answered. "And my hair won't stop growing."

Prior Arrangement : : Following Condition

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home