01

The World-Famous (to some people) online-novels of Lark and Musings, for you to sit back and enjoy in the quietness of your own home. Warning, all novels may contain traces of nuts, and insanity in large doses. (Reading hint: For more enjoyment and less wanting-to-die-from-how-stupid-it-all-is, L&M Blognovels are suggested read in smaller doses, rather than in one sitting).

Monday, November 11, 2013

Melvin The Mysterious's Magnificent Mention

As my new companions and I road cartback (more wooden and spacious than horseback, but not quite as romantic) towards the Mountains of Despair, I paused (yet again) to reflect on recent developments in my situation. Or, put more bluntly, who the heck was Melvin?
And I quote;
"The Outflank stores that I had recently patronized... had supplied a good portion of the ingredients for Melvin's final potion..."
This was more than a little confusing, given that my now deceased mentor's name was Myron, and I had thought that up until this point it was he whose spell I was endeavouring to complete. I turned to Balthazar for some advice.
"Hey Balthazar!" (Yes, I know, unorthodox introduction, but hey... I was stressed.) "Why are we going in search of some ingredients to make a potion designed by a guy called Melvin?"
Balthazar nodded sagaciously.

"Perhaps Nicholls was just rushing his work,
But if you look inside old Myron's tome,
You'll see the most complex ingredients,
A few of which can not be found but... made?"

Somewhere near Nayland College an English teacher applauded.

"Right!" I replied, enthused by Bal's response. I pulled Myron's spell book out of my pocket and unfolded it before turning to the final spell. Yes, now that my newfound minstrel friend mentioned it, a few of these ingredients were ones I had never heard of before, and they did sound awfully rare;
- "Lawyer's Honest Word"
- "3 Fresh Pig Wings"
- "4 kilograms of Supermodel Fat"
- "A fan of Nickelback"

"I wonder which of these Melvin knows how to make?" I mused. Again my wise minstrel turned his answer into song.

"Melvin is known for one spell o'er all else,
It has 'cross time bought him enormous wealth,
The title of his chant reads out this way;
"The Spell That Makes The Thing Which I Now Say."

"Fascinating..." I mumbled, as I considered the implications of such a spell. Thus did our company once more lapse into the silence common of cart travellers, which isn't really silence at all but instead consists of the squeaking of wheels, the braying of donkeys, the grinding of old wooden wheels on even older gravel roads, and the farting of the driver, all of which make conversation really rather difficult at the best of times. Bal and I had in fact had to shout just to hear one another, and my throat hurt. Dang! Didn't even have the ingredients handy for a quick brew of "Common Cold Symptoms No More! Also Has Laxative Effect."


Former Mystery : : Further Revelation

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home